8 WAYS TO MAKE A SHORT-TERM RENTAL FEEL MORE LIKE HOME
Do you have an extended trip coming up? When you choose a furnished short-term rental for your multi-week visit, you have everything you need for a comfortable stay. Still, treating your accommodations like a hotel room can make it feel impersonal. Here are eight ways to help your temporary living arrangement feel more like home.
- Unpack: If you’re staying longer than a few days, don’t live out of your suitcase the entire time. Instead, get settled by hanging your clothes in the closet and unpacking your toiletries. You’ll be amazed how much more you feel at home when you don’t have to rummage through a suitcase.
- Stock the kitchen: Assuming your temporary home comes furnished, the kitchen should have all major appliances—including a refrigerator, range, microwave, and maybe even a coffee maker and tea kettle—along with some cookware and tableware. If anything you deem essential is missing, go out and buy it.
- Find temporary furniture: Your short-term rental may be furnished, but you can still add extra seating, a desk, or a nightstand as you see fit. Inexpensive used furniture is the best way to make your temporary living accommodations more functional.
- Accessorize: Colorful pillows, throw blankets, and table lamps can warm up the living room, while bath mats, a personalized shower curtain, and countertop accessories make the bathroom more inviting. Fruit bowls and candy dishes are another way to add much-needed pops of color while also serving a purpose.
- Take advantage of removable decor: You can’t paint the walls or hang artwork with nails in a short-term rental, but less permanent options are certainly viable. For instance, you might prop up a corkboard in a prominent location and decorate it with photos, postcards, and other memorabilia you pick up during your travels.
- Buy houseplants: You won’t have the chance to garden while staying in a short-term rental, so add greenery in the form of houseplants. Some low-maintenance plants that thrive in indirect light include fiddle leaf fig, devil’s ivy, snake plant, and philodendron.
- Set out family photos: Browse the digital photo album on your phone, and choose some of the best shots to have printed and framed. Seeing pictures of your family on display around your temporary home will remind you of your loved ones during your extended stay.
- Have a get-together: Invite your friends, neighbors, or colleagues over. With a fully equipped kitchen, you can even host a dinner party. You’ll feel more at home when entertaining in your temporary living space.
Feel free to think of The Beverly as your home away from home! Situated in suburban Beverly, MA, our extended stay hotel features premium-serviced apartments ideal for short- and long-term stays, family vacations, and business trips. We’re located minutes from North Beverly station, shopping, dining, and beaches. Our guests also enjoy convenient self-check-in and 24-hour mobile concierge services. Book your stay at one of our 20 immaculate suites, or contact us at 978-773-9853 for more information.